Procedure Starting at $350
What is Microneedling®
Microneedling is a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure for skin rejuvenation. Microneedling utilizes a device, which creates micro injuries in the skin, providing a rejuvenation effect. The controlled micro-injuries trigger the body to stimulate a wound healing response producing collagen and elastin, while minimizing cellular damage. In addition to the wound healing that is created, new capillaries are formed leading to greater oxygen and nutrient absorption for a brighter skin complexion. It is recommended that one has a course of 3-6 treatments for the reduction in scarring, improved skin texture, pigmentation, skin rejuvenation and firmness.
Microneedling results are similar to laser resurfacing treatments and deep chemical peels, but at the fraction of the cost and minimal downtime. This treatment works for all skin types, from dark to light, to reduce acne scars, surgical scars and melasma.
There are the phases that take place within a wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation – Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation – The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix.
- Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling – The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
What is SkinPen?
At a Wrinkle in Time, our Medical Estheticians use SkinPen? by Bellus Medical for our microneedling procedures. It is the first microneedling device cleared by Health Canada, US FDA, TGA (Australia & New Zealand) and received a documented CE Mark (Europe).
With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment and step out with confidence.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your medical aesthetician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen® during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen.
For more information visit Skin Pen